Certified Investment Management Analyst® (CIMA®) is the premier certification for financial advisors and investment consultants and one of the only professional certifications in financial services to meet international accreditation and quality standards.
The CIMA Certification requires advisors to meet rigorous standards:
• Experience: At least three years of relevant financial services experience and a clean regulatory record
• Ethics: Comply with the Institute Code of Professional Responsibility or lose the certification
• Education: Complete executive education at a top 25 global business school
• Exam: Pass a stringent five–hour examination
• Continuing Competency: Stay updated on industry trends, laws, and products with 40 hours of continuing education every two years, including two hours of ethics education